Wednesday 5 May 2010

School concert

Tonight was a school concert at one of my schools. Loads of small items from all sorts of groups. These ranged from the school concert band playing Grease,Abba,Yakety sax and Pirates of the Caribbean to a Rock band who had trouble with their electrics and recorder groups, vocal groups and soloists. The sax group played Mambo No.5 and Chatanooga Choochoo and I did a Soprano duet of Me and my shadow from the Rat Pack guess spot book.(I must remember that if the piece has 3 pages, then to put them in the right order on the stand before we start playing. Luckily we both realised and managed to play round it.!)

There was a superb song from a vocal goup, of Lollipop, I am hoping to scrounge a copy of the score of this and see if I can arrange if for the sax group as it had some excellent harmonies.

This was a really good event with the kids doing themselves proud and I am looking forward to next week when we bring out some new pieces for the sax group. That will keep them on their toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment